Atento introduces Xtrabot, an omnichannel solution for automation of voice and text customer interactions
- Atento’s new automated omnichannel platform allows conversations to seamlessly flow across all channels without the customer noticing, introducing voice and text bots at the first level of interaction to solve common and/or simple queries
- To date, Xtrabot managed more than 32 million customer interactions
- Atento designed Xtrabot to be integrated into any cognitive platform available on the market while allowing continuous development of the platform’s intelligence and related capabilities without limitations
- According to Gartner, 70% of interactions between companies and their customers in 2022 will involve a chatbot at any point during the interaction with the brand.
Madrid, 29 November 2021– Atento SA (NYSE: ATTO), a leading company in customer relationship management and business process outsourcing (CRM / BPO) services in Latin America and one of the top five providers worldwide, introduced today Xtrabot, its automated omnichannel solution for improving both the Customer Experience and the efficiency of remote customer services. Atento estimates that approximately 50% of the volume handled by standard remote customer service functions consists of repetitive and/or simple interactions that can be automated and effectively processed by Xtrabot. To date, more than 32 million interactions were managed from this platform.
In addition to eliminating unnecessary human interaction during repetitive and/or simple customer service tasks, the Xtrabot platform serves a customer regardless of which channel the individual has chosen to make an inquiry or request, enhancing and reinforcing Atento’s omnichannel offering. Customer requests made through the telephone channel can be now combined with those being made via instant messaging apps (WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype, Teams), social media chat functions (Facebook Messenger, Twitter) or chats embedded in web portals. If necessary, customers can be served by an Atento agent at any time during the interaction with Xtrabot.
Atento’s Xtrabot omnichannel solution offers three primary advantages:
- The same conversation flow is used across all channels, giving the bot access to all platforms through which customers can interact. Xtrabot also enables using conversations that have been previously created through VoiceXML technology to offer them through text channels, providing greater agility when deploying Attento’s omnichannel solution.
- Xtrabot is complemented by a natural language processing layer that activates cognitive services in the Cloud and thus can fully understand and route open question queries. In this way, customers can speak or write as they would if there were a human assisting them, since Xtrabot is able to solve queries effectively. The main benefit for companies and their customers is a considerable reduction in average call time. In addition, Xtrabot is compatible with the cognitive services of major Cloud providers, such as Microsoft Azure, IBM Watson, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Nuance.
- Xtrabot satisfies other requirements in high demand in recent years, including the ability of companies to integrate it with Salesforce, to automate WhatsApp Business conversations or be used as a payment system for customers.
According to data from Atento customers who have already started using Xtrabot, they can achieve reductions of up to 25% in time spent on standard customer service calls. Further, it is estimated that more than 98% of inquiries are resolved and/or properly directed to an agent thanks to this new automated system. For the remaining inquiries, a human operator is automatically introduced to assist the system without the agent interacting with users, while also training and improving the effectiveness of the platform.
For customer queries made via chat functions, the conversation is handled by Xtrabot until the request is completed or until it decides that help from a human agent is required. In the latter case, the bot transfers the query to an agent and takes on a support and supervisory role. The support functions can include transcribing the conversation, correcting the spelling of the agent’s texts when necessary, performing simultaneous translation in more than 90 languages to facilitate the call, and providing video call and screensharing functionalities between the agent and customer.
Atento is the largest provider of customer relationship management and business process outsourcing (“CRM BPO”) services in Latin America, and among the top five providers globally. Atento is also a leading provider of nearshoring CRM BPO services to companies that carry out their activities in the United States. Since 1999, the company has developed its business model in 14 countries where it employs approximately 139,800 people. Atento has over 400 clients to whom it offers a wide range of CRM BPO services through multiple channels. Atento’s clients are mostly leading multinational corporations in sectors such as telecommunications, banking and financial services, health, retail and public administrations, among others. Atento’s shares trade under the symbol ATTO on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). In 2019, Atento was named one of the World’s 25 Best Multinational Workplaces and one of the Best Multinationals to Work for in Latin America by Great Place to Work®. Also, in 2021 Everest named Atento as a star performer Gartner named the company as a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant. For more information visit www.atento.com