- The adoption of digital, analytics, AI, automation and Cloud services, are among the most outstanding trends over the coming years.
- Readjusting the service offering will give rise to a series of operational and efficiency challenges.
Madrid, 27 July 2021.As per Gartner, “Customer management BPO is experiencing a seismic shift from offshore voice services to digital and work-at-home services while delivering customer experience and trust. By 2023, 75% of CM BPO service providers will adopt AI and analytics-based marketing, sales and customer service because these technologies are reducing in cost and can yield significant competitive advantage.”
Atento has been recognized by Gartner in CM BPO market , “Gartner believes the sector’s growth will be driven by the rapid adoption of new services in the digital, analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), automation and cloud realm, as well as those that include business process platforms as a service (BPaaS).” These new services will begin to rise in popularity beside long-standing traditional services, such as voice-based calls.
As per the Gartner report, the BPO market is made up of four main categories; “customer selection, customer acquisition, customer retention and customer expansion. These four segments have emerged due to a transformation in certain market components including service offerings, technology, service delivery, agreement structure, prices, and labor supply. In this context, the four market categories have brought about three key trends that will affect the BPO sector until 2023”.
- “Rapid adoption of digital, analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), automation and cloud services”.Changes brought about by COVID-19 in the form of social interactions, shopping behavior, working conditions and business transactions will continue to push consumers towards digital methods. The closing of workplaces around the world have accelerated the adoption of working-at-home as the primary delivery mode for traditional voice-based services.
- “Operational and efficiency challenges, driven by the realignment of supply: notably the rise in work-from-home options (WFH), offshoring and nearshore services (skills and talent) versus digital and self-service options. On the other hand, buyers and suppliers will seek to readjust productivity levels and service quality to pre-pandemic levels.”
- “Industry consolidation. Mergers, acquisitions, growth and investor expectations are factors to consider when identifying current and future opportunities.”
“As the BPO industry seeks to re-establish itself in 2021, it is important for technology leaders and BPO service providers to understand these key trends in order to establish a strategy that will address the fourth transformation of the BPO industry,” remarks Carlos López Abadia, CEO Atento.
According to Gartner, “the future success of organizations and, in particular, BPO providers will depend on how they invest and develop their key competences. This will include the redesign of traditional BPO services and the inclusion of new digital services, work-from-home (WFH) models, as well as advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and intelligent automation services delivered via the cloud. BPO providers will therefore need to change from being pure technology integrators and become all-round service orchestrators, balancing a portfolio of service offerings across an ecosystem of technology partners, or at least comprising an important part of that ecosystem.”
Gartner, Market Trends: Digital, AI, Cloud, Automation and Work-at-Home Services Adoption Reshapes CM BPO, TJ Singh, Deborah Alvord, 7 January 2021
Atento is one of the five largest global providers for client relationship management and business process outsourcing services nearshoring for companies that carry out their activities in the United States. Since 1999, the company has developed its business model in 14 countries with a workforce of 150,000 employees. Atento has over 400 clients for which it provides a wide range of CRM/BPO services through multiple channels. Its clients are leading multinational companies in the technology, digital, telecommunications, finance, health, consumer and public administration sectors, amongst others. Atento trades under ATTO on the New York Stock Exchange. In 2019 Atento was recognized by Great Place to Work® as one of the 25 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces and as one of the Best Places to Work in Latin America. For more information www.atento.com