Atento Opens New Customer Relationship Center in Sao Paulo
- Located in the district of Itaquera, in the eastern part of Sao Paulo, this is Atento’s 14th center in the city, and the 35th in the country
- The center offers a broad range of customer experience services and solutions enabled by Atento´s omnichannel platform and digital capabilities
- The construction of the new center was supported by organizations such as Investe Sao Paulo and Sao Paulo Negocios
- The opening ceremony was attended by the City Mayor, Joao Doria
March 1, 2018
SAO PAULO, March 1, 2018 –Atento S.A. (NYSE: ATTO), the leading provider of customer relationship management and business process outsourcing services (CRM/BPO) in Latin America, and one of the top five providers worldwide, inaugurated today its 35th unit in the country and the 14th in the city of São Paulo (SP). The event was attended by the City Mayor, Joao Doria.
The new center, which is located in the Itaquera district, the eastern part of the State capital, could create up to 3,500 jobs in the region, today the site already employs 1,300 professionals. The unit will deliver services such as Customer Care, Sales, Technical Support and Back Office, supporting market-leading companies via multiple contact channels, such as telephone, chat, web portal or digital apps among others.
For Alejandro Reynal, Atento´s Chief Executive Officer, “With the opening of this new customer relationship center in Sao Paulo, our company strengthens its position as market leader in Brazil, Latin America’s most important market, in which Atento’s share stands at 24.7%.” Mr. Reynal added, “This new site, our Company’s 35th in Brazil, exemplifies our commitment to digital transformation, since it offers our clients a broad range of customer experience services and solutions enabled by Atento´s omnichannel platform and digital capabilities, all geared towards offering the best customer experience in the market”.
According to Mario Camara, Managing Director of Atento Brazil, “Opening a unit in the eastern part of the capital of the State of Sao Paulo reflects Atento’s commitment to the economic development of the country’s different regions when choosing locations. Access to qualified workforce and infrastructure, besides the possibility of partnerships with local governments, as is the case with Sao Paulo, the largest city and main financial center in Latin America, are important criteria to select locations.”
“A part of the plan to decentralize our customer relationship centers, the new Itaquera unit will bring more investment to the region in addition to new employment and professional opportunities for the local community”, Mr. Camara stresses. “Furthermore, the new center broadens yet further our ability to offer advantageous solutions to our clients, enabled by an innovative digital platform and coupled with our capabilities to transform processes to enhance companies’ results in any segment”, adds Camara.
To set up this new center, Atento worked in partnership with Sao Paulo Negocios, the investment promotion agency of Sao Paulo city, and Investe Sao Paulo, the Sao Paulo State investment and competitiveness agency. They were important partners supporting Atento in all the project phases as well as with its infrastructure and fiscal components.
Itaquera center profile:
- The installation occupies 8,052m², next to the Itaquera Metro station and the Arena Corinthians stadium.
- The unit has space for almost 1,900 workspaces, seven training rooms, an extensive common area with a canteen and spaces for relaxation, which were created according to the highest quality standards. Furthermore, the premises have been fully fitted out for disabled persons and those with limited mobility, and have been awarded Guia de Rodas certification.
- Services offered: Customer Care, Sales, Technical Support and Back Office among others
Atento is the largest provider of customer relationship management and business process outsourcing (CRM BPO) services in Latin America, and among the top five providers worldwide, based on revenues. Atento is also a leading provider of nearshoring CRM/BPO services to companies that carry out their activities in the United States. Since 1999, the company has developed its business model in 13 countries where it employs 150,000 people. Atento has over 400 clients to whom it offers a wide range of CRM/BPO services through multiple channels. Atento’s clients are mostly leading multinational corporations in sectors such as telecommunications, banking and financial services, health, retail and public administrations, among others. Atento´s shares trade under the symbol ATTO on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). In 2016, Atento was named one of the World´s 25 Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work® for a fourth consecutive year. For more information visit www.atento.com